The ICE Sustainability Taskforce has been pleased to feed into the creation of the Roadmap for event professionals to follow to achive net zero by 2050.
ABOUT THE NET ZERO CARBON EVENTS INITIATIVE
The Net Zero Carbon Events initiative aims to bring together a wide range of industry stakeholders to:
- Communicate jointly our industry’s commitment to tackling climate change and driving towards Net Zero by 2050.
- Develop common methodologies for measuring the industry’s direct, indirect and supply chain greenhouse gas emissions.
- Construct an industry-wide Roadmap towards Net Zero by 2050, and emissions reductions by 2030 in line with the Paris Agreement and climate science, with support and guidance on key issues.
- Foster collaboration with suppliers and customers to ensure alignment and common approaches.
- Establish common mechanisms for reporting progress and sharing best practice. It is open to all organisations involved in events, who can join the initiative at any time. Registration is free of charge but all supporters are invited to contribute financially. The current contributors, at the release of this document, are listed on the back page. For more information visit www.netzerocarbonevents.org